Are you bored sitting in the office? Becoming a PADI Instructor not only allows you to teach diving and share your passion, it enables you to make real differences to people’s lives.
Dive Master Course
- Person Plus taxes and fees
Your Passport to the Diving Lifestyle!
The life of a PADI Divemaster is rewarding, fun and exciting. It also gives you the chance to travel the world and dive in exotic locations. The PADI Divemaster course is the foundation of your professional training. It is the building blocks for your entire pro career. By getting all of your course dives from one of our fantastic dive boats you build the best possible base for your dream career. Our in-house Course Director will lead you through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises, workshops and hands-on practical assessments, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.The PADI Divemaster course is challenging and rewarding gives you the chance to immerse yourself in the diver lifestyle.
- You must be age 18 and a certified Advanced and Rescue diver (or equivalent certification)
- You must have 40 logged dives to enroll (60 to graduate)
- You must have a current (within 24 months) EFR (or equivalent CPR) certification
- You must be medically fit for diving. We will also need you to complete the liability release and the Diver Medical form. Please read the forms carefully and follow the directions on them; let us know if you have any questions. It is important to have this completed before arriving, as we will be unable to start the course without it. When they are completed please email them to [email protected]
- Self study via eLearning
- Up to 20+ dives with one of our highly-trained PADI Instructors.
- A review of the eLearning covering the 9 chapters of the Divemaster manual, a review of the theory exam covering topics from diving physics to equipment; and a number of water skill development sessions which include assisting PADI Instructors, leading recreational divers, conducting Divemaster workshops, practical assessments which include Deep diving, Search & Recovery diving, giving dive briefings, time spent learning how set up the boat for diving and conduct dives from a boat, and a skill circuit.
- The dives are done on charters from one of our beautiful boats on the very best dive sites on Maui, Lanai, and Molokini!
The PADI Divemaster course at Lahaina Divers Maui can begin at any time throughout the year, Monday through Friday.
Check-in begins at our dive center at 9 am on your first day of class with an orientation session with our Course Director.
- Academic and skills review
- The full Divemaster course and training program
- Up to 20+ boat dives
- All of your PADI Divemaster course materials (including eLearning)
- Water and snacks on the boat
- An application fee of $134 paid directly to PADI
- You should own your dive equipment as described in the PADI standards (rental equipment is available)
- Reef safe sunscreen
- Transportation to the dive center or pool on course days
- Your sense of fun and adventure!
IDC – Instructor Development Course, Specialty Instructor, Self-Reliant Diver