Dive Turtle Reef
Dive Turtle Reef
A Sunken Pier, Rich Marine Life
Just off the coastline of West Maui is a sweeping region filled with sea life called Turtle Reef. Easily accessible from our boats, divers are submerged in a world teeming with aquatic animals. Frog fish, white tip reef sharks, nudibranchs and the majestic Green Sea Turtle are all common occurrences on this dive along with a host of fish and other unique creatures. From sunken piers to coral gardens, this dive is a delight for anyone who loves marine life.
Dive Turtle Reef
Available on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, checking in at 12:30pm and returning around 4:30pm.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, we are currently running a modified schedule. Please check the charter calendar for up to date availability. Check in time and charter duration remain the same.
$269 Discover Scuba, $99 Snorkeler/Ride-along
Multiple day discount available
As the depth range of this charter is 30-35 feet, this is the only Lahaina Divers charter appropriate for the 10 - 11 year old junior divers or anyone with a 40 foot depth limitation. This is also the best charter for snorkelers or ride-alongs. Note that all minors participating in Discover Scuba or Open Water Certification Completion must be accompanied by an adult on the boat, either as a snorkeler/ride along or scuba diver.
Based on dive conditions, both dives may be conducted at the same dive location.
Turtle Reef afternoon charters include:
- Tanks and weights
- Guided dive tour
- Cold filtered water
- An individually packaged granola or protein type bar available between and after dives
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, normal food service has been suspended and there is no shared cooler space available. However, guests are encouraged to bring their own nonperishable lunch or snacks and reusable water bottle.
Not included in the charter fare:
- Scuba gear. (Available for rent) Aqualung Core regulator with Aqualung i300 dive computer @ $14. Aqualung Pro HD weight integrated BCD @ $9. 2 Piece wetsuit @ $9. Snorkel set @ $9.
- Taxes and fees of 10.1666%
- Safety sausages (SMB) on advanced drift dives (Available for purchase)
- Cancellations within 48 hours of departure are non-refundable
- Nitrox available @ $29.95 per bottle
- Find Out More About Rental Gear
Spanning fourteen miles along the West Maui coastline, between Ma'alaea and Honolua Bay, is an area known as Turtle Reef. Once home to thriving coastal fishing communities, including the one time capital of the Hawaiian Kingdom in the early nineteenth century, this area is densely populated with sea life.
The many fringing and finger coral reefs, coves and bays that dot the area make it an ideal location for innumerable Green Sea turtle cleaning stations. Though not unique to Maui, the Green Sea turtle is the only indigenous reptile to Hawaii. One favorite turtle spot is the sunken Mala Wharf.
Known as Honu, they represent the navigator and the eternal link between man, the land and the sea in Hawaiian Mythology. Other commonly seen species on this trip include taco (Hawaiian octopus, varieties of butterfly fish, saddleback wrasse and cleaner Wrasse. Turtles line up for their turn to be cleaned at the "shell station."