Secure Your Dream Job. No one is more employable than a dive instructor with real world experience, training, and a good recommendation. That is what our Lahaina Divers Internship program will provide for you.
Idc Staff Instructor
- Person Plus taxes and fees
Shape Future Instructors
Are you a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) who is ready to be an excellent role model for other Instructors? Becoming a PADI IDC Staff Instructor with Lahaina Divers gives you an insight into the actual instructor development process and prepares you to shape the next generation of PADI professionals.
After a pre-assessment of your instructor-level knowledge of dive theory, the PADI system, exemplary dive skills and role-model presentation techniques, you’ll participate in these sessions:
Instructor Development Standards, Procedures and Curriculum
How to Organize and Conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor Course
The Psychology of Evaluation and Counseling
Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
Plus, you’ll get to audit our entire IDC and practice teaching curriculum components.
As a PADI IDC Staff Instructor, you can independently teach PADI Assistant Instructor Courses as well as assist with IDC’s and other instructor-level continuing education courses. So take the leap and set yourself apart from other dive instructors by becoming one the industry leaders and assisting in pro level education now!
- You must be age 18 and a PADI MSDT
- You must be a current EFRI
- You must be medically fit for diving. We will also need you to complete the liability release and the Diver Medical form. Please read the forms carefully and follow the directions on them; let us know if you have any questions. It is important to have this completed before arriving, as we will be unable to start the course without it. When they are completed please email them to [email protected]
- Self study including the practice of dive theory and leadership level dive skills
- Two days with the Course Director prior to the IDC to complete the 4 IDCSI components.
- Auditing a full IDC
- Give role model presentations and skill circuits during the IDC audit.
- The dives are done on charters from one of our beautiful boats on the very best dive sites on Maui, Lanai, and Molokini!
- The IDC Staff Instructor course begins 3 days prior to the IDC and includes all IDC sessions
- Check-in begins at our dive center at 9 am on your first day of class for an orientation session and classroom session with our Course Director.
- Academic and skills review
- All IDC Staff Instructor materials
- The full IDC Staff Instructor training program
- The necessary boat dives
- Lahaina Divers Staff shirt and rash guard
- Water and snacks on the boat
- An application fee of $142 paid directly to PADI
- You should own your dive equipment as described in the PADI standards including:
A Dive knife or cutting tool
2 surface signaling devices; one audible, one visual
An underwater timing device
- Reef safe sunscreen
- Transportation to the dive center or pool on course days
- Your sense of fun and adventure!