An advanced dive, the Molokini Back Wall is a world-class wall and drift dive for certified divers only. This is a very exciting Maui dive because of the sheer, vertical wall and blue water.
Dive Molokini Crater
Epic Marine Preserve For Certified Divers
- Minors must be accompanied by an Adult
- Certified Diver Ages 10+ | Must Be a Certified Diver to Book Online
- Ride-Along Ages 10+ | Must book in conjunction with a Diver.
A Legendary Marine Preserve
Molokini Crater is a crescent shaped volcanic steam vent about 2.5 miles off the south side of Maui. It is a great dive destination for anyone looking for a dive with traditionally easy conditions. The crescent moon shape creates a protective bay inside of the crater and because there is very little vegetation on the crater itself it is not affected by water runoff making the visibility spectacular. A typical day at Molokini will have 100 feet of visibility!
Cancellations within 48 hours of departure are non-refundable.
About The Molokini Crater Dive
Molokini Crater is a marine protected area. The coral reef is healthy and fish are abundant! Approximately 250 different marine species live inside the crater. We have opportunities to see things not typically found off the shores of Maui. Large schools of Pennant and Pyramid Butterfly Fish live here year round. There is also the rare and endemic Freckled Snake Eel, which we only find while diving the inside of the crater. You may see the giant Blue Fin Trevally make their way into the crater looking for their next meal. Ask our dive guides if you can meet Skeeter the Yellow Tail Wrasse, if you’re lucky he may come by and say Aloha!
If you are looking for a dive with great conditions and plenty of marine life this, Molokini Crater is the dive for you! is a great dive destination for anyone looking for a dive with traditionally easy conditions. A typical day at Molokini will have 100 feet of visibility!
- Tanks and weights
- Guided dive tour
- Cold filtered water
- An individually packaged snack available between and after dives
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, normal food service has been suspended and there is no shared cooler space available. However, guests are encouraged to bring their own nonperishable lunch or snacks and reusable water bottle. No alcohol and/or glass.
- Scuba gear (Available for rent)
- Aqualung Core regulator with Aqualung i300 dive computer @ $14
- Aqualung Pro HD weight integrated BCD @ $9
- 2 Piece wetsuit @ $9
- Snorkel set @ $9
- Safety sausages (SMB) on advanced drift dives (Available for purchase)
- Taxes and fees