Becoming a PADI IDC Staff Instructor with Lahaina Divers gives you an insight into the actual instructor development process and prepares you to shape the next generation of PADI professionals.
Msdt Prep (Master Scuba Diver Trainer Preparation)
- Person - Option 1 Candidate Plus taxes and fees
- Person - Option 2 Candidate Pluss taxes and fees
Have the Life You Always Dreamed Of
The PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer rating sets you apart as a dive instructor who takes continuing education seriously and is committed to teaching a variety of courses. Having the rating of a PADI MSDT makes you more valuable as an employee, which in turn, makes it easier for you to find work. Once you’ve landed your diving dream job, the MSDT rating gives you more variety in your teaching, allows you to certify more students, and offers better income opportunities.
Signing up for our MSDT prep program gives you a head start to achieve the higher instructor rating of Master Scuba Diver Trainer and really get your career in diving moving!
Included in our IDC program are two free Specialty Instructor Courses – PADI AWARE Dive Against Debris and AWARE Shark Conservation.. To complete our MSDT prep program you will need to take an additional 3 Specialty Instructor Courses. We offer a special package of the 3 most requested Specialties that can be completed after your IE in only three to five days; the perfect way to spend those days while you wait for your paperwork to be processed at PADI head office. Diving!
In our MSDT prep program (Option 1) you will earn the Specialty Instructor ratings for Deep Diver, Drift Diver, and Enriched Air Nitrox while diving on some of Maui’s best sites form our boats.
If you want to go ahead and earn 5 additional Specialty Instructor ratings, choose Option 2 and then pick any 5 specialties that you would like to be able to teach from the following list:
- Adaptive Techniques Instructor
- AWARE Dive Against Debris Instructor
- AWARE Shark Conservation Instructor
- Boat Diver Instructor
- Deep Diver Instructor
- Digital UW Photographer Instructor
- Drift Diver Instructor
- Dry Suit Instructor*
- Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor
- Enriched Air / Nitrox Instructor*
- Fish Identification Instructor
- Full Face Mask Instructor*
- Night Diver Instructor*
- Public Safety Diver Instructor*
- Search & Recovery Diver Instructor
- Self-reliant Diver Instructor*
- Sidemount Diver Instructor*
- U/W Navigation Instructor
- Wreck Diver Instructor
- *Prerequisites or special considerations/equipment needs may apply
- You must be age 18 and a graduate of our IDC program
- You must have be a PADI Instructor
- You must have a current (within 24 months) EFR (or equivalent CPR) certification
- You must be medically fit for diving. We will also need you to complete the liability release and the Diver Medical form. Please read the forms carefully and follow the directions on them; let us know if you have any questions. It is important to have this completed before arriving, as we will be unable to start the course without it. When they are completed please email them to [email protected]
- Self study including the Knowledge Reviews of the corresponding Specialties
- Diving with the Course Director to learn the various skills involved in the Specialties and how to present them to students
- A review of the best practices to market the Specialties you will be teaching
- The dives are done on charters from one of our beautiful boats on the very best dive sites on Maui, Lanai, and Molokini!
- The 3 to 5 Days following IE’s will be the training
- Check-in begins at our dive center at 9 am on your first day class for an orientation session and classroom session with our Course Director.
- Academic and skills review
- The full Specialty Instructor training program
- The necessary boat dives
- Lahaina Divers Staff shirt and rash guard
- Water and snacks on the boat
- An application fee of $79 paid directly to PADI for each Specialty Instructor rating
- You should own your dive equipment as described in the PADI standards (rental equipment is available)
- Reef safe sunscreen
- Transportation to the dive center or pool on course days
- Your sense of fun and adventure!
Internship, IDC Staff Instructor, Specialty Instructor