Travel to the far side of Lanai and drift into waters not often seen on this thrilling, three-tank charter. If your sense of adventure craves blowing bubbles off the beaten path, then this series of drift dives will quench its thirst. Experience the thrill of Maui diving!
2 Tank Deep Wreck Dive | Plus 2Nd Dive Location
- Minors must be accompanied by an Adult
- Certified Diver Ages 15+ | Must Be a Certified Diver to Book Online
- Ride-Along Ages 15+ | Must book in conjunction with a Diver.
A Wreck Steeped in History
The Carthaginian shipwreck is a replica of an old Whaling Vessel. It was purposely sunk in 2005. This shipwreck sits just at 97 feet.
After diving the wreck we will do a shallow dive along Turtle Reef.
Dive computer is required for this dive adventure. Cancellations within 48 hours of departure are non-refundable.
About The Carthaginian Ship
The complicated rigging work of the second incarnation of the Carthaginian was done at the dock in Lahaina and modeled after the dimensions of the 1870 brig Marie Sophie. After serving many years as a floating museum in Lahaina, the ship was sunk in 2005, continuing as a beloved landmark.
Today the Carthaginian is a base for Hawaii coral and serves as a gathering place for ocean life. A semi-penetrable wreck, the hull is a favorite of white tip reef sharks who can often be seen resting inside. Eagle rays and dolphins are sometimes spotted passing by in the blue, while frog fish, eels, starfish and other smaller creatures stay close to the safety of the ship. Atlantis Submarine frequently runs tours that circle the ship, giving lucky divers a chance to wave at their passengers and pose for a photo with a submarine in the backdrop.
- Tanks and weights
- Guided dive tour
- Cold filtered water
- An individually packaged snack available between and after dives
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, normal food service has been suspended and there is no shared cooler space available. However, guests are encouraged to bring their own nonperishable lunch or snacks and reusable water bottle. No alcohol and/or glass.
- Scuba gear. (Available for rent)
- Aqualung Core regulator with Aqualung i300 dive computer @ $14
- Aqualung Pro HD weight integrated BCD @ $9
- 2 Piece wetsuit @ $9
- Snorkel set @ $9.
- Safety sausages (SMB) on advanced drift dives (Available for purchase)
- Nitrox available @ $29.95 per bottle
- Taxes and fees
Because of depth of 97 feet, divers must be certified and use a dive computer.