Our Most Exclusive Charter
Our most adventurous dive crosses the temperamental Paiolo channel for a glimpse of the elusive and beautiful hammerhead shark. Off the island of Molokai is one of the few sites on the planet where one can commonly witness these sharks swimming, often in large groups. This blue water drift dive frequently encounters hammerhead and other sharks, colorful endemic fish and the occasional Hawaiian Monk Seal.
Available Tuesdays and Fridays. Check in 6:45am, returning about 12:30pm (Approx. 6 hours). Certified divers only (Age 16+) with minimum of 25 dives logged and at least one dive with the last 6 months. No ride-alongs.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, we are currently running a modified schedule. Please check the charter calendar for up to date availability. Check in time and charter duration remain the same.
$289 per diver. Multiple day discounts available.
This is a drift dive for physically fit, experienced divers with good buoyancy control, and must be good on air consumption. Divers are required to carry a dive computer and a safety marker sausage, and should be able to re-enter boat with gear on. Minimum number of dives and recent diving experience required.
Please contact our shop at 808-667-7496 before booking if you have any questions on above restrictions.
Hammerhead Charter Includes:
- Guided dive tour
- Tanks and weights
- Cold filtered water
- An individually packaged granola or protein type bar available between and after dives
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, normal food service has been suspended and there is no shared cooler space available. However, guests are encouraged to bring their own nonperishable lunch or snacks and reusable water bottle.
Not included in the charter fare:
- Scuba gear. (Available for rent) Aqualung Core regulator with Aqualung i300 dive computer: $14. Aqualung Pro HD weight integrated BCD: $9. 2 Piece wetsuit: $9. Snorkel set: $9.
- Taxes and fees of 10.1666%
- Safety sausages (SMB) on advanced drift dives (Available for purchase)
- Nitrox available @ $29.95 per bottle
- Cancellations within 48 hours of departure are non-refundable
- Learn More About Rental Gear
Note: Though this is a very good opportunity to see hammerhead sharks, sightings are not guaranteed.
More about Diving off Molokai and the Pailolo Channel
Molokai has the highest sea cliffs in the world along its north shore, and 25 miles of fringing reef to the south. Sparsely populated, the local residents like the slow rural lifestyle just fine. Visible from Maui’s west shore, the islands are separated by the Pailolo channel, which is about 9 miles across at its narrowest point. Pailolo means “crazy fisherman,” referring to the channel’s status as one of the roughest in Hawaii.
Molokai boasts many beautiful and unique dive sights, including spots frequented by Scalloped Hammerhead sharks. Swimming in large groups, sometimes numbering in the hundreds, makes it easier for the sharks to obtain food and larger prey. Though aggressive hunters of marine life, hammerheads are not considered dangerous and are normally not aggressive towards humans.
Though the hammerheads are the main attraction, many other kinds of rare and interesting sea life has been spotted on our Molokai charters over the years including tiger sharks, oceanic black tip sharks and even thrasher sharks. The dives off of Molokai are also home to unicorn fish, pyramid butterfly fish, yellow tangs, long nose butterfly fish, and occasionally a Hawaiian monk seal or two, as well as a host of other sea life.