An advanced dive, the Molokini Back Wall is a world-class wall and drift dive for certified divers only. This is a very exciting Maui dive because of the sheer, vertical wall and blue water.
Advanced Drift Dive Off Molokai
- Minors must be accompanied by an Adult
- Certified Diver Ages 15+ | Must Be a Certified Diver to Book Online
- Ride-Along Ages 15+ | Must book in conjunction with a Diver.
Our Most Exclusive Charter
This is our most advanced dive. On this charter we will travel across the Pailolo Channel which can be the windiest and roughest channel crossing in the Hawaiian Islands. Conditions on this dive are typically very rough with high winds and big swells. It is important that divers are physically fit enough to get on and off the boat in a full set of gear in rough water.
This is a blue water drift dive. Portions of the dive will be near coral reef but the majority of the dive is spent in deep water looking for Pelagic species. We do not feed or manipulate the sharks behavior in any way so it is not guaranteed you will see them. However, Hammerheads are not the only attraction on this dive. We sometimes see Galapagos Sharks, Grey Reef sharks, White Tip Reef Sharks, Spotted Eagle Rays and on the rare occasion Whale Sharks. Some of the most pristine Hawaiian coral reef can be seen here. The schools of fish are so large it almost looks like the fish are raining down on you.
It is important to have recent dive experience before going on any drift dive. On all of our drift dives we require a minimum of 25 logged dives and at least one completed dive within the last 6 months. Drift dives are off of a live boat meaning that the boat does not tie up to a mooring and will drive away after the entire group gets in the water. The boat will return to pick up the divers at the end of the dive. This means you do not have time to do a weight check at the start of your dive so you should already know how much weight you need before doing a drift dive. We also require that each diver carries their own Surface Marker Buoy (SMB). If you do not already own a SMB there will be some available for purchase at check in.
- Guided dive tour
- Cold filtered water
- An individually packaged snack available between and after dives
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, normal food service has been suspended and there is no shared cooler space available. However, guests are encouraged to bring their own nonperishable lunch or snacks and reusable water bottle. No alcohol and/or glass.
- Scuba gear. (Available for rent)
- Aqualung Core regulator with Aqualung i300 dive computer: $14
- Aqualung Pro HD weight integrated BCD: $9
- 2 Piece wetsuit: $9
- Snorkel set: $9
- Safety sausages (SMB) on advanced drift dives (Available for purchase)
- Nitrox available @ $29.95 per bottle
- Taxes and fees
This drift dive is for physically fit, experienced divers. Please contact our shop at 808-667-7496 before booking if you have any questions on this restriction.
Divers must have good with buoyancy control, and must be good on air consumption. Hammerhead divers are required to carry a dive computer and a safety marker sausage, and should be able to re-enter boat with gear on.
Certified divers only (age 15+) with minimum of 25 dives logged and at least one dive with the last 6 months.
Non-diver ride alongs are allowed at the same price as a diver. However, ride alongs are not recommended on this drift dive charter. Snorkeling is not offered at this time.