Discover a Another World Underwater
Immerse yourself in exotic sea life and take your first breaths under the clear waters of the West Maui coastline- No certification necessary! The Discover Scuba program gives non-certified divers the thrilling experience of diving, often for the first time, and opens up a fantastic new world of underwater exploration. This program could be the first step towards a lifelong love of scuba.
Discover Scuba is available on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, checking in at 12:30pm and returning around 4:30pm.
Note: we are running a modified schedule due to COVID-19. Please see charter calendar for dates under Turtle Reef charter, where Discover Scuba operates.
$269 per diver.
Includes orientation and one tank dive during our Turtle Reef charter.
Other certified divers in your party can book a two-tank dive on the same charter.
All Discover Scuba participants are required to complete a medical questionnaire prior to diving, which you can download here. If you answer yes to any question, you may need to have your doctor complete the physician's evaluation form (the last page of your medical form). Your doctor can access information on completing the physician's form here.
If you’ve always wanted to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba diving is for you. As a PADI dive shop, Lahaina Divers offers this program off of one of our spacious dive boats in a location that is full of unique and beautiful sea life.
While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. You will dive a full tank with no more than two people to an instructor for a very private experience. The remainder of the time you are free to snorkel and explore the waters of the beautiful West Maui coastline.
- Go over the scuba equipment you will use on your dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Learn how to clear a flooded mask.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course. (Learn More)
- Lahaina Divers will provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges and a tank. All you need to bring is a bathing suit, a towel and your sense of wonder.
Your tour also includes:
- Guided dive tour
- Cold filtered water
- An individually packaged granola or protein type bar available after your dive
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, normal food service has been suspended and there is no shared cooler space available. However, guests are encouraged to bring their own nonperishable lunch or snacks and reusable water bottle.