PADI Open Water Certification
PADI's Online Training program is designed so that you can learn the academics at your own pace when it is convenient for you. These academics need to be completed prior to your scheduled class and can be purchased through PADI or through Lahaina Divers. To enroll in PADI's e-Learning, click here. You will need to bring (or print at our shop) your Academic completion log. Please read and complete the Divers Medical Questionaire prior to coming to Maui. If you need the RSTC Medical Statement and Guidelines for Recreational Scuba Diver's Physical Examination to take to your physican, please contact us.
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, computer and a tank. The equipment you will be using at Lahaina Divers is high quality and included in the price of your class. These BCD's and refurbished regulators are available for purchase at a fraction of their cost brand new. As a student, we offer you discounts and specials on other gear as well so that you can start building your own equipment at a great price. Your instructor will inform you of all the current discounts we are offering!
You will need to meet at our Dive Shop (directions) at 8am on your first scheduled day. Please bring a bathing suit, towel and lunch. Students will need to provide their own transportation to the confined water location that will be determined that day. During your confined water training, your instructor will put into practice the techniques you learned in the academics program and teach you the skills needed for safe diving. Your training dives will be logged and approved by your instructor before you move on to open water.
Get ready to experience everything you've learned with the freedom of open water! Students will need to meet at our Dive Shop at 12:30pm on both days of Open Water training. Students will be completing their dives from one of our beautiful 46 foot Newton Dive Special boats on the Turtle Reef charter. You will demonstrate your learned skills as prompted by your instructor surrounded by the beautiful sea life of the Maui coastline while completing your certification. As soon as your open water training dives are approved by your instructor and the paperwork completed, you will receive your temporary certification card and be a certified diver. PADI Open Water Diver certification is recognized worldwide so your diving experiences will be limitless.
Three days, All Outside and In The Water! Start your class on Monday or Thursday!!
Day 1 (8am – complete)
- Meet at the shop to gear up before heading out to the confined water site - Bring towel, swimsuit and sunscreen.
- STUDENT WILL NEED TO PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION TO THE CONFINED WATER SITE, LOCATED ABOUT 4 MILES FROM THE SHOP.
- Water assessment (200 yd swim or 300 yd with mask, fins and snorkel and a 10 minute survival float or tread) at confined water site
- All Confined Water Dives 1 - 5 at the confined water site.
- Meet at the shop to gear up before heading out to the Turtle Reef charter.
- Complete Open Water Dives 1 and 2 on the second day and Dives 3 and 4 on the third day.
PADI eLearning Scuba Dive Certification Courses available online. Get started on your scuba diving certification coursework NOW.
Your tuition to Lahaina Divers Open Water Diver course includes:
- Use of wetsuit
- Use of buoyancy control device (BCD)
- Use of regulator with dive computer
All classroom, confined water, and open water training necessary to complete the requirements of PADI’s Open Water Diver course.
- Each student needs to provide the following:
- Transportation to and from the confined water site and Lahaina Divers store located at 143 Dickenson Street
- PADI Open Water Diver Student Log (may be purchased at Lahaina Divers or your local PADI dive shop)
Training Dives as listed above, all rental scuba gear necessary to complete your certification, photo PADI card.
10.166% tax & fees & Dive Logbook. (Logbook may be purchased through Lahaina Divers or your local PADI dive shop)*taxes and fees not included, price of all rental gear is included in tuition. All students must be in good health and complete a medical questionnaire prior to diving that can be found here. Please contact our shop if you have any questions.